Things I learned on the way to something else DECEMBER EDITION
Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Happy New Year,etc.
As John Lennon once wrote, SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS. Tis the season for all things joyful and sometimes stressful and those two things are not mutually exclusive.
So, for a little DIVERSION in this busy season, how about a few facts and other oddities I picked up along the way while I was really looking for something else ? Or at least that's what I tell my boss. I call it RESEARCH.
For instance :
* Why are late baby boomers so spoiled? Here's some evidence--I'm a late baby boomer and YES, 3 of the most iconic Christmas specials EVER debutted when I was 5 ( Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer) in 1964, 6 ( A Charlie Brown Christmas) in 1965 and 7 ( How the Grinch stole Christmas) in 1966. (TV GUIDE)
* Land O' Lakes is the only brand of butter you can buy in all 50 states (Food Network)
* The Cost of the 12 Days of Christmas is up 7/7 percent from 2012--Apparently part of it is the cost of ladies dancing and lords a leaping is up (seriously) Overall cost if you actually bought ALL 364 items: $ 114,000 ( Denver Post )
* Plus Size women hold 28 percent of women's apparel purchasing power,but spend only 17 percent--62 percent of plus size women say they have a hard time finding the styles they want. ( Newsweek)
* Largest college marching band in America: James Madison University from Virginia ( Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade/NBC)