As John Lennon once wrote, SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS. Tis the season for all things joyful and sometimes stressful and those two things are not mutually exclusive.
So, for a little DIVERSION in this busy season, how about a few facts and other oddities I picked up along the way while I was really looking for something else ? Or at least that's what I tell my boss. I call it RESEARCH.
For instance :
* Why are late baby boomers so spoiled? Here's some evidence--I'm a late baby boomer and YES, 3 of the most iconic Christmas specials EVER debutted when I was 5 ( Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer) in 1964, 6 ( A Charlie Brown Christmas) in 1965 and 7 ( How the Grinch stole Christmas) in 1966. (TV GUIDE)
* Land O' Lakes is the only brand of butter you can buy in all 50 states (Food Network)
* The Cost of the 12 Days of Christmas is up 7/7 percent from 2012--Apparently part of it is the cost of ladies dancing and lords a leaping is up (seriously) Overall cost if you actually bought ALL 364 items: $ 114,000 ( Denver Post )
* Plus Size women hold 28 percent of women's apparel purchasing power,but spend only 17 percent--62 percent of plus size women say they have a hard time finding the styles they want. ( Newsweek)
* Largest college marching band in America: James Madison University from Virginia ( Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade/NBC)